Latest Gaming News and Developer Blog Posts
I´m happy to announce that the third iteration of Hero have been released on hUb! I have worked hard on Hero during the two weeks and here are some of the news in Hero iteration 3.
- New item graphics thanks to Gridur
- First mini quest introduced (very simple)
- Lighting in dungeons have been improved
- Towns, Temples and forts are reintroduced
- New map with a few dungeons
- First aid skill
- New experience system
- Higher dungeon walls (thank you johno for pointing this out)
- Enemies and crates behind walls shows outlined
- Quest dialogues
- better enemy selection feedback
Thank you all for your feedback and support!
Update: Contest is now closed and the winners will soon be announced!
Update 2: This contest is open for people from all countries.
We're hosting a Twitter contest together with Mevio web show Rad on the Web You can win some awesome prices like our t-shirts and games!
The contest has started! Watch the episode and follow the instructions and win win win!
Contest entrants will be listed here and the winners will be announced on Monday!
And now for the few rules.
- Watch the above episode for info on how to enter the contest.
- Twitter user names will be listed on this page and will be the official list of contest entrants.
- On monday (may 25) we'll randomly select 10 winners, 5 will win a game license for a game of their choice, 5 will win a Spell of Play t-shirt with a motif of their choice.
- Winners will be posted on this page, and notified via @-message on twitter.
- Winners must respond with sufficient contact details within 24h upon notification. If you win a game an email address is sufficient, if you win a t-shirt we'll need an address to ship it to.
- There are no restrictions on where you're from (as long as we can ship a t-shirt to you if you win at reasonable cost)
Long time no blog, but I haven't been idle, so here's an update.
Some friends and I recently concluded work on the video to what we think is this year's swedish "radio plague", namely our song Bärs é Livet (loosely translated as "Beer is Life / Beer is teh shit").
Even if you don't speak swedish the song is still quite catchy, enjoy!
Submitted by johno
Thu, 05/14/2009 - 15:07
With the new project I got quite different goals than before, this will be a more classical and old school role playing game.
A demo release is now available on hUb featuring completely new graphics!
Submitted by dntoll
Thu, 05/14/2009 - 06:14
An update to the shoot em up game T.W.T.P.B. has just been released. The update fixes compatibility issues on low end Intel based graphics cards. T.W.T.P.B. should now work without problems on low end pc's like the Eee PC that are based on the Intel 915GM GPU architecture.
This update is automatically downloaded and installed by hUb. Feel free to make any comments in our T.W.T.P.B. forum
In Sweden we have a lot of great indie developers. One of them is Cactus or Jonatan Söderström, he is an extremely productive developer that has managed to ship more titles than most have fingers and toes. He has a really cool style that reminds me of the weirder parts of Monty Python.
You can find out more about him at Cactus Software
Cactus was one of the speakers of GDC/IGS 09 and you find his talk about Rapid Game Development below. Many interesting ideas, tips and concepts!
Submitted by hObbE
Wed, 05/06/2009 - 08:41
An update to hUb has just been released introducing game categories. As the number of games on hUb continues to grow we felt it was necessary to start some form filtering to enhance the user experience and you can now select the what categories of games you want to display. This update also fixes an issue with the DirectX installation procedures and you should be correctly prompted on Vista when you install DirectX.
This update is automatically applied when launching hUb.
Enjoy and feel free to post any comments in the hUb forum