So today I finished the challenge of coding game in eight effective hours.
The total time became 8.26h (8h and 16 min) The overrun was caused by a last minute bug that needed to be fixed. I spent 6.14h coding and 2.12h doing graphics, there is no sound. All in all there are 1067 lines of code in the project (only counting game specific files). That is ~173 loc/h. Not bad but I write quite fluffy code...
The development time was spread out on a total of 48 hours so it was not an 8h stretch. This helped since it allowed for some "off line" thinking and prioritization. However I also felt that it sometimes broke the flow of coding (since I could not always choose when to take a break). Sometimes it was quite hard to get back on track.
The game is of course simple but it is somewhat complete and I'm quite happy with the result. You can download the 8h version.
I have continued to make some improvements and you can play the latest version by downloading hub clicking "install twtpb" you probably need to scroll to the bottom of the game list.
I'm thinking of continuing this project so any feedback or suggestions are welcome. You can leave a comment int the t.w.t.p.b. forum...
A final screenie:
I'm a bit tired now, so I'll try to write something more elaborate and intelligent soon...
Submitted by hObbE
Fri, 07/06/2007 - 21:11